AnsweredAssumed Answered

"input" API endpoint on triPOS Cloud

Question asked by mnehring@thriftcart.com on May 14, 2019

Hi all,

I have a customer that was interested in using their TriPOS Cloud MX915 to collect the customer's phone number from the customer for the purpose of collecting their loyalty information (just like you see at many traditional retailers.) It appears the "input" endpoint on TriPOS Cloud should do the trick, but I cannot see if it's possible to customize the test. If I use "promptType" = "phone" and "formatType" = "phoneWithAreaCodeSeparatorAndDashes", then it displays on the screen "Enter home phone number". It's been a decade since anyone has had a home phone number, so the prompt seems a little dated. Also, I'd prefer to make the prompt more self-explanatory, for example, "Please enter your phone number if you are a loyalty rewards member or wish to become one. Otherwise, please press the red X button."

So, is there currently a way to modify the prompt text? If not, I'd like to request that as a feature to add for the future. The "selection" endpoint allows for custom text, and it has been enormously useful!

Thanks!

-Michael

Outcomes