AnsweredAssumed Answered

Chargeback Process Flow and API Callbacks

Question asked by darrens on Mar 25, 2019

Hi,

My name is Darren and I am a developer for Rev.io. We have a cloud based billing platform that integrates PayFac solution. We are building out the Chargeback functionality. Looking into the API documentation I can identify the relevant calls in code but I wish to understand more about the charge back process. I cannot locate any process flow between the cycles listed and the activities. 

1. Retrieval Request
  2. First Chargeback
  3. Pre-arbitration
  4. Issuer Arbitration
  5. Issuer Declined Pre-Arb
  6. Arbitration
  7. Chargeback Reversal

It might be me not being able to identify the correct documentation but I was hoping to identify the activities and sequence of events that a user will carry out when a chargeback is triggered in the Vantiv Portal (UI).

Something like a detailed version of the Collaboration Dispute Processing Flow (https://www.vantiv.com/content/dam/vantiv/documents/charts-chain-activity-file-faq.pdf) will greatly help as well.

My second question is I do not see any callback or webhooks functionality in the Chargeback API. I guess we have the ability to query the API for all chargebacks but I am wondering if there is some form of Pub-Sub model provided by the API.

Thanks and Regards,
Darren 

Outcomes