AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to authorize apple pay transaction again if original authorization was expired?

Question asked by jpd11 on Aug 28, 2018

I am currently integrating apple pay using littleOnlineRequest v9.14

Vantiv cnpAPI Reference Guide API 9.14 v1.34 

According to the document, authorization will expire in 7 days. If the product was not shipped within 7 days and authorization is expired, how to re-authorize same apple pay transaction? Consider following scenario:

1. I call Authorization using "Submitting the Apple Pay PKPaymentToken in cnpAPI" approach
  2. The response is as follows :

<litleTxnId>403355311854678794</litleTxnId>

<orderId>testId</orderId>

<response>000</response>

<responseTime>2018-08-27T21:43:48.465</responseTime>

<message>Approved</message>

<authCode>45625</authCode>

<applepayResponse>

<applicationPrimaryAccountNumber>App PAN</applicationPrimaryAccountNumber>

<applicationExpirationDate>App PAN Exp Date</applicationExpirationDate>

<currencyCode>Currency Code</currencyCode>

<transactionAmount>Amount of Transaction</transactionAmount>

<cardholderName>Name of cardholder</cardholderName>

<deviceManufacturerIdentifier>Id of Device Mfr</deviceManufacturerIdentifier>

<paymentDataType>Type of Payment Data</paymentDataType>

<onlinePaymentCryptogram>Payment Cryptogram</onlinePaymentCryptogram>

<eciIndicator>eCommerece Indicator</eciIndicator>

</applepayResponse>

3. After transaction is expired, how can I authorize same transaction again using above values?

I don't want to use recurring or installment. Is it possible to use applepayResponse fields and authorize again?

I couldn't find any model in litlexml to set applepayResponse fields for Authorization.

Or do I need to use registerTokenRequest and use CardTokenType for Authorization?

Outcomes