This document is intended for software developers needing to refer to specific versions of triPOS Cloud. The triPOS Cloud Release Notes provide information about:
- New Features & Improvements
- Bug Fixes & Other Changes
- EMV-Certified Processors Supported
- Supported Devices
- Future Releases
How to view previous version release notes
All release notes starting with triPOS Cloud Release v5 (9/28/2017) will be managed in the attached .PDF at the bottom of this document.
How to get release note alerts
To receive notifications every time this document is updated one most follow this document.
- Select Actions in the top right corner and check Following and Inbox
Release Notes - triPOS Cloud Production Release v20.2.5
CERT Release Date: June 29 2020 12:00 PM CDT
PROD Release Date: July 7 2020 10:00 PM CDT
Please note that triPOS Cloud releases are intended to be backward compatible so as not to impact your existing triPOS Cloud integration. When new features and functionality are added to the platform, the updates should have no impact on your integration unless you choose to take advantage of them.
New Features & Improvements
- Updated to latest BIN table dated June/1/2020.
- Pre-Read, Quickchip and EMV Contactless for Ingenico devices on Worldpay processor.
- Support for EMV Contactless and Quick Chip transactions on Ingenico Telium family devices iSC250, iSC480, iPP320, iPP350 and iSMP4.
- Enhanced documentation related to Visa recurring payments.
- Updated signature status code values returned to “Unknown” for declined transaction.
- Block Cashback for EMV Contactless transactions for Ingenico device family.
- Example of a Lane Activation request, setting EMV Contactless, Pre-Read and parameters. (Lane Create KB article)
"description": "Lane Description",
- When “quickChip” flag is set to true, the following must be done to successfully request preRead/QuickChip for a given transaction (Ex:/ sale). It entails a two (2) step request. 1st, the preRead request, followed immediately (before the life of the pre-read data expires) by the finalization (quickChip) request. (quickChip/preRead KB Article)
- 1st request (Pre-Read).
- "": true; this is a required field and must be set to true for pre-read.
- ""; this is an optional field, is used to trigger CVM behavior (PIN/Signature, …) when above CVM limit for various card brands. If this field is not specified, it defaults to $1.00.
- 2nd request ().
Notice, the final transaction amount is specified in the 2nd step () and not in the 1st step ().
Bug Fixes & Other Changes
- Corrected issue of allowing PIN bypass for Debit transactions.
- Corrected issue of sending empty Currency Code.
- When using an Ingenico iSC250 and the Refund endpoint, if an EMV card is removed too soon, the device may freeze on the Card Removed screen and wait for a timeout to occur before returning to idle. The transaction is approved and returns a statusCode of SignatureRequiredPinPadError because the device is unable to display the signature screen. This issue is specific to the iSC250 PIN pad only; other Ingenico devices are unaffected.
- MasterCard contactless for eWallet (ApplePay, GoogleWallet, etc.) are getting cancelled with “unsupported card” on Mx devices.
- MasterCard contactless physical card, transaction is being run with incorrect format on Mx devices.
- Ingenico devices experiencing a problem with PIN bypass when selecting US Debit (Debit) on Multi-Aid EMV card.
- triPOS sending incorrect statusCode in transaction response to POS application. Setting statusCode = ”none” instead of “timeout” when a timeout occurs or “cancel” when Cancel button is pressed in the Credit/Debit prompts in a Multi-Aid card transaction
EMV-Certified Processors Supported
- Worldpay (Vantiv)
- NEW EMV Contactless for Ingenico iSC250, iSC480, iPP320, iPP350, iSMP4.
- First Data
|Device||Production Support||Cert Device Available||Production Device Available|
|Verifone Mx915 (IP)||May 2017||Yes||Yes|
|Verifone Mx925 (IP)||September 28, 2017||Yes||Yes|
|Ingenico iPP320 (IP)||September 28, 2017||Yes||Yes|
|Ingenico iPP350 (IP)||March 1, 2018||Yes||Yes|
|Ingenico iSC250 (IP)||March 1, 2018||Yes||Yes|
|Ingenico iSC480 (IP)||March 1, 2018||Yes||Yes|
|Ingenico iSMP4 (IP w/barcode)||March 1, 2018||Yes||Yes|
|Ingenico iSMP4 (IP w/out barcode)||March 1, 2018||Yes||Yes|
|triPOS Cloud Release||Version||Production Date|
|Current||Release v20.2.5||July 7 2020|