Raspberry Pi is a Linux-based computer that literally fits in the palm of your hand. It's super-compact, reliable, affordable, capable, and extensible, all at once.
- All the benefits of a desktop computer in a tiny, cost-effective package
- Includes Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet connectivity, USB ports, serial interface, and HDMI for video
- Operates on swappable MicroSD memory cards
Raspberry Pi in Payments Processing
In today's world of cloud computing, browser-based and SAAS applications, and the growing Internet of Things (IoT) movement, the Raspberry Pi stands out as a strong performer with incredible potential. The Pi is an ideal platform for either distributed or cloud-based POS applications. Software developers can link the Pi up for processing with Vantiv through a wide variety of API's, using our robust and secure processing platforms:
- Cloud-based integrations with EMV support: triPOS Cloud, TranCloud
- Distributed Linux-based SDK with EMV support: triPOS (Note, only supported on CentOS Linux 6.1)
- Direct integrations using USB or Bluetooth encrypted magstripe readers: Express, Mercury Web Services
- Hosted environments for swiped or manual entry: Hosted Payments, Hosted Checkout
Our Raspberry Pi project barely grazes the tip of the iceberg! We wrote a simple application that sends pre-packaged transactions to the MercuryPay Web Services transactions, using random transaction amounts. The application provides on-screen feedback, and uses the serial I/O interface to illuminate LED's according to the transaction processing time and result. The project is available on Github in Python or C#.
As an open-source community, resources abound for prospective Raspberry Pi developers. Here are just a few:
Raspberry Pi and CentOS are registered or unregistered marks belonging to their respective owners who are unaffiliated with and do not endorse or sponsor Vantiv, and Vantiv likewise does not endorse or sponsor Raspberry Pi and CentOS.