Vantiv Integrated Payments helps payment integrators protect account data with point-to-point encryption (P2PE). By leveraging Vantiv’s PCI-validated P2PE solution and our selected PCI PTS SRED certified hardware, payment applications are removed from PA-DSS compliance and merchants can qualify for reduced PCI-DSS scope. Validated P2PE solutions are more secure because the solution is designed to deter tampering from ordering to processing. If malicious activity is detected, the device is disabled, preventing a breach at the point of entry.
Benefits of P2PE
- Validated P2PE provides the strongest protection per PCI SSC for a merchant’s business
- Vantiv’s non-listed encryption and listed P2PE remove ISVs from PA-DSS scope
- The only U.S. validated P2PE solution that supports VeriFone
- Implementation support for merchant PIM
- Gateway solution that offers P2PE
Vantiv’s P2PE makes PCI compliance easy
Payment software developers that integrate to triPOS or Express have the power to offer merchants significantly reduced PCI-DSS compliance requirements. For merchants using a validated P2PE 2.0 solution they only have to answer the SAQ-P2PE requirements instead of the SAQ-D requirements, which significantly reduces the sections from 12 to 4 and controls (i.e. questions) from 284 to 19. To access this information, the merchant would download the PIM (P2PE Instruction Manual).