A few people have recently asked whether it is possible to submit technical questions about Android Pay integrations to Vantiv O.N.E. by e-mail rather than logging in to Vantiv O.N.E. every time you want to ask a question.
Good news! The answer is Yes.
You can send questions from the e-mail account you have registered with Vantiv O.N.E., and have them appear in the knowledge base under your name. Better still, answers to your questions will be received in your e-mail (depending on your Vantiv O.N.E. account settings) as well as in your Vantiv O.N.E. inbox.
Here's how you can set this up:
- First, you need to set-up the Vantiv O.N.E. email address for this. You will only need to do this once per Vantiv O.N.E.space or content type. Content in Vantiv O.N.E. is divided into "spaces" with the Google community being a distinct space.
- Go to the Google Android Pay space - Google while logged into to Vantiv O.N.E.
- Under the Actions menu that appears on the header, Click Create by email
- Select the content type you want to be able to create (in our case, Questions)
- Click Email vCards
- Go to your email client
- In Outlook, double-click to open the attachment
- Save the vCard (give it a descriptive name you'll recognize - like Vantiv Android Pay Questions)
- Create your email message
- Add the email address you just created in your contact list on your To: or CC: line
- Add the subject line (remember - this will be the subject of your question - others will see it so make it as descriptive as possible)
- Add text into the body of the email. Because Vantiv O.N.E. content has a requirement for text in the content body, emails that have no text in the body will not be posted by the system, and you will not receive an error message.
- Send the e-mail