Vantiv’s Omnichannel for Integrated Payments is a new “in-app” mobile solution designed for POS developers currently using Vantiv’s MercuryPay platform. It combines a direct in-app Android Pay integration, accessing an OmniToken via Vantiv’s eCommerce eProtect platform, and all of the familiar back-end processing and settlement features available through MercuryPay.
The below diagram illustrates how these pieces fit together:
- Developer creates an Android app using Android Pay. When the consumer uses the app to pay for something online the mobile app sends the FullWallet request to Google Cloud. Google Cloud passes the request to Vantiv eProtect.
- Vantiv eProtect converts the token from the mobile app into an eProtect token referred to as a Registration ID. This token is valid for 24 hours. Format: 19 digits, MOD 10+1.
- The transaction is processed using a MercuryPay tokenized transaction request, which contains one additional field called TokenType with, in this case, the value of “RegistrationID”. The RecordNo field contains the actual RegistrationID. Here is an example:
The RegistrationID is used to flag MercuryPay servers that this is an OmniToken transaction and is requesting that an OmniToken be returned.
4. The transaction request is submitted to the back-end networks for authorization processing as usual.
5. The transaction response includes the new OmniToken, which is returned in the RecordNo field to the POS. The OmniToken can be used for subsequent transactions such as Void or Adjust.
- Integrate to Android Pay.
- Choose the OmniToken format.
- Process transactions through the MercuryPay Platform.
Return to in-app for MercuryPay Home Page.