Vantiv’s OmniChannel for Integrated Payments is a new “in-app” mobile solution designed for POS developers currently using Vantiv’s MercuryPay platform. It combines a direct in-app Apple Pay integration, accessing an OmniToken via Vantiv’s eCommerce eProtect platform, and all of the familiar back-end processing and settlement features available through MercuryPay.
Below is a diagram of how these pieces fit together.
- Developer creates an iOS app using Apple's Passkit Framework. When the consumer uses the app to pay for something online, the mobile app sends the request with the Apple Pay PKPayment token to Vantiv eProtect.
- Vantiv eProtect converts the tokeen from the mobile app into an eProtect token referred to as a Registration ID. This token is valid for 24 hours. Format: 19 digits, MOD 10+1.
- The transaction is processed using a MercuryPay tokenized transation request, which contains one additional field called Token Type. In this case the value is "Registration ID". The RecrodNo field contains the actual Registration ID. Here is an example:
The RegistrationID is used to flag MercuryPay servers that this is an OmniToken transaction and is requesting an OmniToken to be returned.
4. The transaction request is submitted to the back-end networks for authorization processing as usual.
5. The transaction response includes the new OmniToken, which is returned in the RecordNo field to the POS. The OmniToken can be used for subsequent transactions such as Void or Adjust.
- Step 1 - Integrate to Apple Pay and eProtect
- Step 2 - Choose the OmniToken format
- Step 3 - Process transactions through the MercuryPay Platform
Return to In-App for MercuryPay Home Page