Transform a traditional gift and reward program into a complete stored value service. StoreCard maintains all the benefits of a gift card, with the enhanced capabilities of a rewards card and mobile payment card, all wrapped into one. StoreCard is built on the gift platform, and is integrated in the exact same way as gift card processing. Developers who already support MercuryGift can use StoreCard with optional changes to their gift solution, to enhance their customer's experience with easy access to all of the value added features.
There are ten supported gift transactions: Issue, Sale, NoNSFSale, Reload, Return, VoidIssue, VoidSale, VoidReload, VoidReturn and Balance. Although most developers choose to support the full range of gift transactions, at a minimum, we recommend supporting the following transactions at minimum for the best merchant and consumer experience possible:
|Gift Transaction||Description||MercuryPay Direct||dsiEMVUS||TranCloud||Blackline||HostedCheckout|
|Issue||Initial activation and load of the card||Yes||Requires dsiPDCX||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|NoNSFSale||Deducts the remaining balance from a gift card even if the purchase amount is greater than the card balance||Yes||Requires dsiPDCX||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Reload||Reload is used for monetary gift card loads||Yes||Requires dsiPDCX||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Balance||Used to determine a gift card’s balance||Yes||Requires dsiPDCX||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|VoidIssue||Reverses card activation||Yes||Requires dsiPDCX||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|VoidSale||Reverses a redemption without triggering daily reload limits||Yes||Requires dsiPDCX||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Standard Issue Gift Card ranges
- Vantiv’s gift card ranges are 19 digits long, starting with 6050110XXXXXXXXXXX. Encoding standard is Track2 format.
- Allow Track1 formatting for future StoreCard enhancements. Though not used for gift card processing, there are value added mobile features planned for using Track1 data.
- If validating gift cards, it is recommended to use the complete “6050110” so as not to be mistakenly compared to Discover Card credit ranges.
Pre-Existing Cards and Third-Party Gift Cards
When a merchant has participated in another provider’s gift card program prior to processing with Vantiv, they may be able to use these cards with Vantiv. Consider the following:
- If the encoded magnetic stripe data contains more thanTrack2 data, it is important to parse out the Track2 string for processing to Vantiv. If the encoded magnetic stripe data contains less than Track2 data, it may be necessary to have Vantiv re-encode the data to a compatible format.
- Vantiv’s gift servers may be able to support the previously issued cards without having to physically re-encode the magnetic stripes and/or reprint the card numbers. In order to determine this, please contact the Vantiv Gift department and arrange to provide three to five sample gift cards for evaluation.
- If the pre-existing cards ARE compatible with Vantiv’s platform, Vantiv can import these gift card values. The merchant only needs to supply a CSV file or Excel spreadsheet listing the card numbers and current balances.
Vantiv StoreCard Integration and Testing Details
The StoreCard platform enables a rich testing environment designed to support your integration work and is used for your final certification script transaction review. The test environment is typically available 24/7.
- Contact your Implementations Consultant and request a StoreCard test account and credentials. If you have already set up a test account, the same test account credentials may be used. Just ask your Implementations Consultant for your test account to be configured for StoreCard testing.
- Request StoreCard test cards from your Implementations Consultant.