Vantiv provides multiple integration options to its eCommerce payment platform.
The Vantiv eCommerce XML Reference Guide provides detailed information about LitleXML Data Format, as well as transaction examples and
Certification test cases.
Sending and receiving XML formatted transactions
Vantiv provides developers with multiple communication options to send and receive secure XML encoded transactions for both batch and online transactions. Developers can choose a preferred method depending on their environment and their coding preference.
A summary of available options are shown below:
|HTTPS Post||TLS v1.1 or higher||N/A||Required|
|FTP||PHP or GPG (open source)||Recommended||N/A|
Some advantages of using LitleXML for integrations are list below.
- Easier implementation, operations and debugging – Compared to fixed length or binary formats, the XML format is considerably easier to read and edit using a variety of text editors making it easier to spot and resolve issues.
- Language and OS independent – A clear benefit of the XML interface is that it imposes few constraints on the developer in terms of tools, languages nor operating environments and it requires no client-side libraries. So long as a developer can send and receive XML via HTTP or a TCP/IP socket connection or via FTP, they can easily use the interface.
- Fewer downgrades, more cost effective processing – Since the LitleXML format allows you to explicitly tie deposits to their associated authorizations using the <litleTxnId> element, your transactions qualify for the best interchange rates more frequently than formats that do not support this cross referencing.
- Simpler Capture (Deposit) and Refund Transactions – Because the LitleXML format associates related transactions using the <litleTxnID> element, Vantiv’s format does not require you to resubmit all of the authorization information for a deposit, nor all the deposit information for a refund. This simplifies coding and helps avoid the possibility of errors.
- Superior reporting – The LitleXML format allows you to separate your transaction into different categories relevant to your business by specifying a ReportGroup for each transaction. This provides benefits for clients using Vantiv’s reporting and analysis tools because it allows them to filter their transactions by Report Groups and view payment data in a fashion that is most relevant to their business.
- Improved Chargeback Management – Unlike other formats that do not clearly link authorizations to deposits, and deposits to refunds, Vantiv LitleXML allows you to see these relationships with precision making it much easier to provide documentation necessary to contest inappropriate chargebacks.
Implement new features quickly – New features developed for the Vantiv eCommerce platform are first exposed via the XML API. While the SDKs and DevHub add new capabilities shortly after development, direct coding to the XML API gains access to these feature and capabilities earlier. Developers who are unsure what integration method to use may benefit from reviewing choosing the right integration method.