Vantiv provides multiple integration options to its eCommerce payment platform.
The Vantiv eCommerce cnpAPI Reference Guide provides detailed information about card not present API XML message format, as well as transaction examples and Certification test cases.
Sending and receiving XML formatted transactions
Vantiv provides developers with multiple communication options to send and receive secure XML encoded transactions for both batch and online transactions. Developers can choose a preferred method depending on their environment and their coding preference.
A summary of available options are shown below:
|HTTPS Post||TLS v1.1 or higher||N/A||Required|
|FTP||PHP or GPG (open source)||Recommended||N/A|
Some advantages of using the XML cnpAPI for integrations are list below.
- Easier implementation, operations and debugging – Compared to fixed length or binary formats, the XML format is easier to read and edit using a variety of text editors making it faster to spot and resolve issues.
- Language and OS independent – The XML interface imposes fewer constraints on the developer in terms of tools, languages and operating environments, and it requires no client-side libraries. So long as a developer can send and receive XML via HTTP or a TCP/IP socket connection they can use the interface.
- Fewer downgrades, more cost effective processing – Since the XML cnpAPI format allows you to explicitly tie deposits to their associated authorizations using the <litleTxnId> element, your transactions qualify for the best interchange rates more frequently than formats that do not support this cross referencing.
- Simpler Capture (Deposit) and Refund Transactions – Because the XML cnpAPI format associates related transactions using the <litleTxnID> element, Vantiv’s format does not require you to resubmit all of the authorization information for a deposit, nor all the deposit information for a refund. This simplifies coding and helps avoid the possibility of errors.
- Superior reporting – The XML cnpAPI format allows you to separate your transaction into different categories relevant to your business by specifying a ReportGroup for each transaction. This provides benefits for clients using Vantiv’s reporting and analysis tools because it allows them to filter their transactions by Report Groups and view payment data in a fashion that is most relevant to their business.
- Improved Chargeback Management – Unlike other formats that do not clearly link authorizations to deposits, and deposits to refunds, Vantiv's XML cnpAPI allows you to see these relationships with precision making it much easier to provide documentation necessary to contest inappropriate chargebacks.
Implement new features quickly – New features developed for the Vantiv eCommerce platform are first exposed via the XML API. While the SDKs usually reflect new capabilities quickly, direct coding to the XML API provides access to new feature and capabilities earlier. Developers who are unsure what integration method to use may benefit from reviewing choosing the right integration method.