We're currently conducting the WorldPay's Developer Insights Survey - a survey to explore the landscape of developers coding for payments and commerce. Here are some highlights we've collected so far:
- Almost 75% of respondents identify as full-stack or back-end developers:
- About 1/3 develop computer software and nearly 1/4 are coding for into financial services:
- Most of the developers surveyed started coding as kids, between the ages of 10-17.
- Payments developers love Python (C++ is in the 2nd place).
- Developers choose cats and narwhals over dogs and unicorns
- 61% of payments developers use Agile development methodology
- Developers prefer to work in an office. Only 5% of responders work from home.
- When asked how long they've been coding, most professional payments developers selected "a long, long time, young padawan."
- Only 21% of survey respondents were under 30.
Thanks for reading!
If you can spare 5–10 minutes, go take the survey yourself: